Conservation Asia 2018 Call for Symposia
Conservation Asia 2018 is delighted to announce that it is now accepting proposals for symposium topics for the 2018 Conference to be held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from August 6th – 10th 2018. The Conservation Asia 2018 Scientific Committee is now soliciting proposals for symposia. Symposia will include 5 speakers and be two hours in length, including 4 minutes for introductory remarks, 15 minutes per talk and 5 minutes for questions following each talk. We anticipate having up to 12 symposia.
Call for Symposia will be closed February 15th, 2018.
Successful Symposium Applications will be confirmed by February 28th, 2018. Final decisions will be made by the Scientific Committee based on the criteria listed below.
The basic criteria for symposia include:
1. The topic should be novel, timely, and interesting to a broad range of conservationists throughout Asia.
2. The proposed list of speakers should represent a good balance between established and new investigators and have an equitable representation with regard to gender and under-represented groups.
3. Symposia can, but need not, fall under the list of suggested Conservation Asia 2018 themes below:
- Recent developments in population ecology
- Community-based conservation (including human-wildlife conflicts, community engagements in conservation/community initiatives, and sustainable livelihoods)
- Urban biodiversity
- Ecosystem Financing & resource mobilization for conservation
- Conservation Education
- Ecosystem-based conservation
- Ecosystem monitoring through indicator species
- Citizen science
- Transboundary conservation
- Illegal wildlife trade & poaching
- Valuation of ecosystem services
- Communicating about conservation / engaging with media
- Conservation genetics
- Storytelling in conservation
- Traditional approach to conservation
- From conservation to policy
- Climate change adaptation
- Wildlife-friendly infrastructure development
- Ex-situ conservation & Reintroductions
- Ecotourism: Boon or Bane?
- Rangelands of Central Asia
- Wetland Conservation
- Mountain Ecology in Central and South Asia
- Restoration Ecology – forests, wetlands, etc.
- Technological Innovations in Conservation
- Global species-centric programs
Please include the following information in your proposal:
1. Name and affiliation of symposium Chair.
2. The title and goal of the proposed symposium. Please specify the extent to which your symposium contributes to an innovative and/or integrative view to conservation efforts in Asia.
3. The basic theme or area the symposium represents: if the proposed symposium falls under one of the above suggested Conservation Asia themes, please state it here. If it does not, please create a new theme.
4. A list of the proposed speakers and a brief (1 sentence) statement of how their work fits into the topic of the symposium.
5. A short (2-3 sentences) statement of how the symposium meets the criteria listed above.
6. A statement as to which of the proposed speakers has agreed to participate.
Submission of Proposals
Please submit your proposal by February 15, 2018 at https://conservationasia2018.exordo.com/login
Please email us at email@example.com for any questions with the subject line “Symposia”