Student Travel Award
Student Travel Award Submission- Now Open!
SCB Asia is providing funds for travel support to a limited number of graduate students to attend the coming Conservation Asia 2018 conference (6 to 10 August) in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. Students wishing to be considered for a travel award should submit the application which requires a recommendation letter by your academic supervisor, your accepted abstract of your poster/ oral presentation and application statement. Since funds are limited, applications will be ranked by the relevance of the abstract to the conference, financial need and by the academic merit of the applicant.
Application closes: 30 April 2018
Notification of acceptance: 20 May 2018
Travel Award Information
Commonwealth of Independent States: USD 250
Asia and Europe countries: USD 500 to 750
Australia or other countries: USD 750 to 1000
The student applicant must be presenting an abstract at the Conservation Asia 2018 conference.
- A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Conservation Asia 2018 (Please indicate which symposium session you are going to present in).
- A letter of recommendation from an advisor (must be on institutional letterhead with signature)
- Application Statement
In this statement, please provide your personal details: Names, contact address, institution and answers the required following questions.
(Answers can be in a bulleted format, 2-4 sentences for each item is sufficient)
- Explain your role in the research project
- At what stage are you of your graduate education program?
- An explanation of financial need and the importance of winning the award.
- What is the long-term goal of your research?
- What is the significance of your research to conservation in Asia?
- What is the most novel aspect of your research?
If you have any further questions regarding award, please feel free to contact me
SCB Asia Section